A hotel called Washington Hall was built to try to keep the county seat (Quoted from pages 936 of THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF NORTHERN KENTUCKY THE UNIVERSITY PRESS OF KENTUCKY ISBN978-0-8131-2565-7)
Significance: This large brick structure, two stories in front and three stories at the rear, was erected in stages between 1825 and 1845 and was important to the community as a hotel, tavern, and meeting hall. The building remains important as a regional example of early 19th century commercial architecture.
First Floor tenants
|Lil Jumbo Coffee Company and Cafe|
|Washington Guild Hall Art Sales|